Beads - Needle - Thread; rules of thumb:
- Size 10 or 11 beads use a size 10 needle and size B or D thread or 4 or 6 lb Fireline
- Size 11 or 12 beads use a size 11 needle and size A or B thread or 4 to 6 lb Fireline
- Size 12 or 13 beads use a size 12 needle and size A or B thread or 4 lb Fireline
- Size 13 or 15 beads use a size 13 needle and size 0 or A thread or size 2 to 4 lb Fireline
- Size 15 or smaller beads use a size 15 needle and size 000 to 0 thread or size 2 lb Fireline
- Beads - The larger the number the smaller the bead. Size 11 is smaller than size 8.
- Needle - The larger the number the thinner the needle. Size 10 is thicker than size 13.
- Thread - The larger the letter the thicker the thread. Size D is thicker than size B, size B is thicker than size A, A is thicker 0 (zero).
- Thread - The larger the number the thicker the thread. Size 10 is thicker than size 4.