Many interesting customs surround the Days of the Dead which occur at Halloween and two days after. One of the most colorful is the making and decorating of the sugar skulls or "la calaca" as the skull is called.
Once the little skulls are made, they are decorated with colored paste, bits of bright colored foil, sequins and beads which ought to make them appealing to almost any beader.
They certainly appeal to me, so here I have presented one decorated in a certain way to wear as earrings. You could of course change the colored beads around on the skull and decorate it any way you wish.
These earrings might be fun to wear with La Catrina, another Day of the Dead pattern.
- Color Graph with symbols provided
- Delica bead numbers and quantities provided, 7 colors
- Earrings 1.11" W x 1.82" H
- No stitch instructions included
- No finishing information included
1.11" W x 1.82" H